I can’t even believe I am sitting here right now, writing the very last post of our first year of blogging! Keri and I rang in the new year of 2016, praying about maybe-possibly-one-day-in-the-very-distant-future thinking about starting a small blog. A place where women from all walks of life can come together and encourage one another.
And here we are, not even a year later, and not only has that blog become a reality, but God has taken it farther than we ever thought possible. Thousands of women each month gather together to read these pages and comment on posts to speak life to their sisters in Christ. And Keri and I are so humbled at the way each and every one of you play a part in this community. The way you humble yourselves, and share your experiences, and push each other closer to Christ.
2016 is now under our belt. And 2017 is right around the corner! For those of you who might be newer to the Little Light on a Hill family, we have compiled a list of the top ten posts of the year. Simply click on the image to read any post that interests you! And don’t forget: If you are interested in receiving an email every time a new post goes live, enter your email address in the subscribe box at the bottom of each post. As a thank you, we will send you a FREE finance workbook to help you set financial goals for the new year, and make a step by step plan to help you reach them!
1. 10 Scriptures to Pray Daily – Dwelling on the Word is a spiritual discipline that is always encouraging. Here are 10 scriptures that are often overlooked, but are filled with so much truth!
2. How One Family Paid Off Over $80,000 of Debt, and How You Can, Too! – Read our story of finding financial freedom. This three part series was one of the most vulnerable ones ever written for our blog, walking you through our meager beginnings, the moment we realized it was time for a change, and how we did it.
3. How to Keep Your Car Clean(er) with Kids – Sometimes it’s the little things we can count as big wins. Am I right, or am I right? In this post, we share our top tips for keeping the car clean, even if you have kids!
4. How to Save More Money with Little Effort – Wanting to save more money is something everyone can relate to. Here is Keri’s number 1 way to save more without any extra work.
5. 10 Easy Ideas for Christmas Traditions with Kids – The holidays are such a great time for making memories and keeping family traditions. In this post, we list 10 ideas for fun Christmas traditions with your kids.
6. 3 Verses to Fix Your Child’s Behavior Issues – Sometimes discipline issues reveal heart issues in our children. These three verses are our go-to scriptures when correcting behaviors with our girls.
7. 10 Tips to Teach True Contentment – Our culture is always pushing for more, more, more. Bigger houses, nicer cars, newer toys. These 10 tips will help you teach contentment to your families, so we can enjoy the blessings God has given us today instead of wishing for more things tomorrow.
8. Teach Gratefulness in 5 Minutes a Day – Our favorite Thanksgiving tradition is to make a Thankful Tree, and add things we are thankful for all throughout the month of November. It takes five minutes a day, but leads to a lifetime of memories.
9. How to Build a Budget 101 series – In this four part series, we walk through how we make a budget. It is a step by step guide that will help you identify your financial goals, and how you can make a successful budget to reach your financial goals.
10. When God Wrecks Your Plans – Sometimes God’s plan for our life looks much different than the one we set for ourselves. Read Krystal’s story learning this lesson just this year. If you find yourself in a place where you question where God is leading you, we pray this post will offer encouragement and hope that His ways are so much higher than ours.